“Photo Credit to frankiethephotographer”
This week Jethro talks with Max Jeffries from Underking, a solo project that involves Sci-fi/fantasy thrown into a lot of amazing metal! They got talking about the upcoming album ‘At Hell’s Gate’ which is due to drop on streaming sites on the 23rd of April! They also got chatting a lot about home recording and their DAW of choice Studio one, as well as throwing in a bit of film/TV/Game composing talk….
Studio One – https://www.presonus.com/products/studio-one/
MT Power Drumkit 2 – https://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php
Presonus ATOM – https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM-Pad-Controllers
Akai MPK Controller – https://www.akaipro.com/mpk-mini-mk3
Ableton – https://www.ableton.com
Howard Shore – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Shore
Christian Henderson YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCXxhRVYvBOX45_gxr0iHA
Mick Gordon – https://mick-gordon.com
- Sad news this week as Witch Tripper, one of the acts known to most of our listeners and one of our favourites at NRC, have announced an indefinite hiatus. In a statement on the bands social media pages the thanked the fans, bands, venues, promoters and photographers that helped them through their seven active years, adding that “We built something from the ground up with sheer hard work, stupidity and sacrifice and there’s not a moment we don’t regret and their may be a time in the future where we can pick this up again, we shall see.” It’s a big loss for the local scene but at least we still have their old tracks and our memories of them.
- Confyde has released a cover of “Don’t Give Up” by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush featuring Madeline Walker. Further flexing his creative muscles in what has proven to be a fruitful year in terms of content for him, this one really shows the depth of Martin’s voice. According to a post on Confyde’s Instagram we should also be expecting more soon, with this being “the perfect transition” into the new single. Exciting!
- Good Hustles have announced a show at Rescue Rooms alongside My Pet Fauxes, Adam Zareba and Distant Blue on July 17th. This should be one of the shows to look out for this summer, full of loud, energetic rock music and attitude. Tickets will be available at the link below and I’ll see you there!
- Blitz have also announced a show! This one will be on Saturday 26th June at The Black Market in Warsop. This should be one of those shows that goes perfectly with a beer or twelve whilst watching the in your face classic rock lovers do their thing!
- Our boy Jim has been a busy bee, releasing a new song, called “Bagels”. This one has more of a classic rock feel with tasty licks all around and a huge amount of energy. How he finds the time is beyond me but well done Jim!
The News is provided by Josh Simpkins, if you wish to have announcement on the podcast please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The First band was
Before They Are Hanged
With their song
Check them out here https://www.facebook.com/beforetheyarehanged
The Second band was
With their song
Red Sun Rises
Check them out here https://www.facebook.com/Underkingband
To get your music played on this podcast – Email a .Wav Or .MP3 of your songs to email@example.com
Also check out Bespoke Media PR – https://www.facebook.com/bespokemediapr/
Want to Support the Podcast?
Also join the Newsletter Mailing List here and never miss an episode!
If you want a quote for Recording, Mixing or Podcast Editing
click on the logo below!
Keep it Notts, Keep It Rocks!
Thanks from NottsRockCast!!
Thanks To Lewis Phillis From Beckon Lane For the podcast Introduction https://www.facebook.com/beckonlane/
Thanks to Negatory Effect for the intro music http://negatoryeffect.co.uk
Thanks to Matty From the death Metal band Mordhau for the news introduction – https://www.facebook.com/mordhauHM2/
Thanks to Josh Simpkins, Check out Decade and a Day here – https://www.facebook.com/DecadeAndADay
Thanks to Jim Plumb, Check out Jim’s YouTube channel here – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3vsg94YpOWu-ct2qeW1QA
Also Checkout Jim’s Band Pagan Sword – https://www.facebook.com/paganswordofficial
Thanks to Regular Riot for the gear used to make, record and produce this podcast! www.regular-riot.co.uk
All right and permissions have been obtained to play the local band songs in this podcast! All the background music has been provided by Regular Riot and Negatory Effect, and is original music of Negatory Effect band and is subject to copyright on their behalf. If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info