The Small Town Boys
This week Jethro talks with The Small Town Boys, from just outside Nottinghamshire in the little town of Alfreton. The boys take us though their influences and writing inspiration, as well as why they don’t necessarily class them selves as alternative. But must say as you will hear in this episode that their music is mind-blowing as well as very fresh!
Confetti link – https://confetti.ac.uk
Ben Marshall Productions link – https://www.facebook.com/BenMarshallProduction/
Electric Bear Studios link – https://www.facebook.com/ElectricBearStudios
- The Five Hundred’s new single, The Rising Tide, is out on October 30th! This will be the Notts Metalcore outfit’s second single of the year, following from ‘Black Dogs’ release in May. Expect high energy screams and powerful clean vocals from this highly anticipated single.
https://www.facebook.com/wearethefivehundred/ – Facebook page.
https://orcd.co/thefivehundredtherisingtide – pre-save link.
- Wolves Don’t Sleep’s previously announced EP ‘Clarity’ has unfortunately had to be pushed back from its October 30th release date. The band released a video statement on Instagram explaining that due to the current pandemic and personal issues it’s been hard for them to organise the release. They should be announcing a new date any time now so stay tuned for updates. Whenever it’s out this one is set to be huge and personally the delay just builds my excitement!
https://www.facebook.com/WolvesDontSleep/ – Facebook page.
- I’m Not From London caused quite the stir this week with a post surrounding the Banksy painting that appeared in Radford. A picture on their Facebook account showed the hoola-hooping girl ‘graffitied’ holding a beer with the words “I’m Not From London, 15 years of Blood, Sweat and Beers.”. Whilst a rather substantial crowd on Facebook believed this to be actually real, INFL promoter Will Robinson explained that the photo edit was a bit of harmless fun to try to draw eyes to their fundraiser, which is trying to raise money by selling a new INFL beer, complete with mascot Pat the Pidgeon, and multiple ‘experiences’ including the “Ultimate Warrior package”, with a pro wrestling show in your back garden. The fundraiser has beaten it’s £1500 target but is still open so grab a beer whilst you can!
https://www.facebook.com/ImNotFromLondonEvents – Facebook page.
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/infl-15-years-of-blood… – Fundraiser link.
- Stuck on a Name studio have put out a fundraiser to help them keep going under current restrictions. In a poignant statement on their Facebook page and various groups the studio said “Things were tough enough before Covid reared its ugly and if we don’t support these ailing venues now, they will be gone forever.” So far the studio has raised £3,910 out of £5000. The link to donate is below!
https://www.facebook.com/stuckonaname/ – Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurSOAN/ – Save Our SOAN Facebook page.
- New stoner metal band Replica Jesus have released their first single ‘Professional Liar’, with a new video shot in isolation. The band take influence from a broad spectrum of other music, with the song being reminiscent of Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson with a host of thrash metal bands thrown in. It’s available to stream everywhere! Really nice job for a first single!
https://www.facebook.com/replicajesus – Facebook page.
The News is provided by Josh Simpkins, if you wish to have announcement on the podcast please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The First band was
With their song
Check them out here https://www.facebook.com/TheOutfitrock/
Also check out Bespoke Media PR – https://www.facebook.com/bespokemediapr/
The Second band was
The Small Town Boys
With their song
Check them out here https://www.facebook.com/thesmalltownboys/
To get your music played on this podcast – Email a .Wav Or .MP3 of your songs to email@example.com
If you want a quote for Recording, Mixing or Podcast Editing
click on the logo below!
Keep it Notts, Keep It Rocks!
Thanks from NottsRockCast!!
Thanks To Lewis Phillis From Beckon Lane For the podcast Introduction https://www.facebook.com/beckonlane/
Thanks to Matty From the death Metal band Mordhau for the news introduction – https://www.facebook.com/mordhauHM2/
Thanks to Josh Simpkins, Check out Decade and a Day here – https://www.facebook.com/DecadeAndADay
Thanks to Jim Plumb, Check out Jim’s YouTube channel here – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3vsg94YpOWu-ct2qeW1QA
Thanks to Regular Riot for the gear used to make, record and produce this podcast! www.regular-riot.co.uk
All right and permissions have been obtained to play the local band songs in this podcast! All the background music has been provided by Regular Riot and Negatory Effect, and is original music of Negatory Effect band and is subject to copyright on their behalf. If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info