Song writer and guitarist / Folk Instrumentalist of
This week Jethro talks with Sam Wood of Red Rum, Nottingham’s very own Pirate Metal band. We got talking deep about folk instruments and why Sam started playing them. Also why it makes Red Rum stand out in the Folk Metal sub genre. Also we get talking everything geeky about being a guitarist (which sam and Jethro are,) with the added bonus of a bit of space talk that Jethro and Sam will follow up on in a later episode!!
Slayer Rig Rundown: https://youtu.be/GlvaYmvyDmk
Gods To Fall: https://www.facebook.com/GodsToFall
Negatory Effect BandCamp: https://negatoryeffect.bandcamp.com
- Confyde have released a new single, titled “Cancel Freedom” and featuring Patrick MacDonald of Antre. The song features Martins almost signature guitar playing but with a more aggressive style of vocal to his usual stuff, creating an interesting, angsty sound that should propel Confyde forward into 2021. Exciting stuff!
- Last of the Misfit Heroes have released the first track from their upcoming album “Hope for the Hopeless”, which is releasing this March. The song, named “Pulling Punches”, is an upbeat punk style banger full of catchy lead guitars that wouldn’t be out of place on a night of drunken debauchery. The song is also accompanied by a video that really catches the feel of the song, slightly scratchy, slightly bright and extremely well put together.
- Beyond Your Design have dropped a new single and announced an incoming EP! Named “Together We Rise”, the EP comes out on 04/03/2021 and is for fans of more extreme metal. The single is named “Gods & Men” and features melodic leads, crushing growls and a beat that you just can’t help bang your head to. Its available on the usuals.
- Decade and a Day have announced our latest original single, “Circles”. The track had a sneak premier last night on Dean Jacksons BBC Introducing East Midlands and will be released on February 26th on all major streaming platforms! The song is a more aggressive one than previous releases, with us aiming to build on the success of “Remember To Hate Me” by keeping plenty of synth elements whilst staying true to our pop-punk roots.
- Pagan Sword, our very own Jim’s band have added a new member who you should be hearing a lot from on this episode of the podcast! Sam Wood, our guest this week, has joined playing whistles, mandolin and other unspecified instruments. This is shaping up to be one hell of an interesting project and should have a very unique sound.
- The Five Hundred have announced that they are giving NHS workers 40% off of all merch as a thank you for all of their efforts dealing with COVID-19. The Nottingham metalcore outfit have recently hit success on their latest single “The Rising Tide” which was released October 2020, with over 16,000 views on Youtube. Things like this are why we do this podcast, to highlight how great the human beings in our scene are and this was a real class act here!
The News is provided by Josh Simpkins, if you wish to have announcement on the podcast please email email@example.com
The First band was
With their song
Check them out here https://www.facebook.com/Farmacyband
Sent in via Curtain Call Records https://www.facebook.com/CurtainCallRecords
The Second band was
With their song
The Devil is a Friend of Mine
Check them out here https://www.facebook.com/venomousroseofficial
To get your music played on this podcast – Email a .Wav Or .MP3 of your songs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also check out Bespoke Media PR – https://www.facebook.com/bespokemediapr/
Want to Support the Podcast?
Also join the Newsletter Mailing List here and never miss an episode!
If you want a quote for Recording, Mixing or Podcast Editing
click on the logo below!
Keep it Notts, Keep It Rocks!
Thanks from NottsRockCast!!
Thanks To Lewis Phillis From Beckon Lane For the podcast Introduction https://www.facebook.com/beckonlane/
Thanks to Negatory Effect for the intro music http://negatoryeffect.co.uk
Thanks to Matty From the death Metal band Mordhau for the news introduction – https://www.facebook.com/mordhauHM2/
Thanks to Josh Simpkins, Check out Decade and a Day here – https://www.facebook.com/DecadeAndADay
Thanks to Jim Plumb, Check out Jim’s YouTube channel here – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3vsg94YpOWu-ct2qeW1QA
Thanks to Regular Riot for the gear used to make, record and produce this podcast! www.regular-riot.co.uk
All right and permissions have been obtained to play the local band songs in this podcast! All the background music has been provided by Regular Riot and Negatory Effect, and is original music of Negatory Effect band and is subject to copyright on their behalf. If you have any queries please email email@example.com for more info