the host of
and the Artist AKA
This week the tables turn, as Jim and Josh chat with Jethro! Yes they grill him with questions as when working out what to do for the 100th episode, Jim said “well there has not been one guest on yet! YOU!” (Jethro) So we got talking about what it is like running the podcast, with getting into Jethro’s music tastes and what got him started in music and the alt scene. They also got talking about Jethro’s music project Negatory Effect!!
- Do they know it’s Christmas? Our metal bands certainly do! Raised by Owls have released their own version of Band Aid, named “Metal Band Aid”! The cover features 50 vocalists from 45 quality bands including themselves, Evil Scarecrow, Pemphigoid, Devastator, PaRtY CaNnOn, Nekrogoblikon and so so so many more. The band are paying tribute to the spirit of the original too, with 100% of the profits going toward Crisis, which is obviously so important and even more so this Christmas. So far over £1000 has been raised for the cause through the fantastic joint efforts of everyone!
- SLOWMO75 have released the music video for their new song “Scarecrow” from their upcoming album “Life Goes On” and what a track it is! The sonic palette of the song definitely feels in the vain of Guns n Roses’ “Civil War” or Avenged Sevenfold’s “Seize the Day”, with the track effortlessly pirouetting between heartfelt ballad and balls to the wall rock. The album launches 30th December and what an album its going to be!
- The Fine Art Society’s new track, “Falling Apart”, has dropped! The Notts Indie rockers masterfully walk the line between classic rock and indie music in this one, with a big 80’s style hook that you won’t be able to get out of your head. This is following on from the bands April single, “Modern Day” and hopefully is leading to a lot more!
- I’ll make this quick since there is a lot of it in the podcast yet to come, but…. My favourite band in the whole wide world (maybe second, have to stay humble) Decade and a Day are releasing a music video for the track “Remember to Hate Me”! The video launches on Wednesday December 23rd on YouTube and IGTV. I’ll stop plugging my own stuff for now….
- And plug Jethro’s! Negatory Effect’s “Rectification EP” has been out for two weeks nearly and my god is it cool! It features lots of Sci-fi vibes with a unique story, mirroring Jethro’s influences and not just pushing boundaries but kicking them down and shitting on them too! It’s for fans of Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie and this podcast!
The News is provided by Josh Simpkins, if you wish to have announcement on the podcast please email email@example.com
The First band was
With their song
Can You Feel It (Feat. Elisha Martin)
Check them out here https://www.facebook.com/justinlarnerguitarist
The Second band was
With their song
Transition 3 (Moon Leaves)
Check them out here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3vsg94YpOWu-ct2qeW1QA
The Third band was
With their song
Check them out here http://negatoryeffect.co.uk
To get your music played on this podcast – Email a .Wav Or .MP3 of your songs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also check out Bespoke Media PR – https://www.facebook.com/bespokemediapr/
If you want a quote for Recording, Mixing or Podcast Editing
click on the logo below!
Keep it Notts, Keep It Rocks!
Thanks from NottsRockCast!!
Thanks To Lewis Phillis From Beckon Lane For the podcast Introduction https://www.facebook.com/beckonlane/
Thanks to Negatory Effect for the intro music http://negatoryeffect.co.uk
Thanks to Matty From the death Metal band Mordhau for the news introduction – https://www.facebook.com/mordhauHM2/
Thanks to Josh Simpkins, Check out Decade and a Day here – https://www.facebook.com/DecadeAndADay
Thanks to Jim Plumb, Check out Jim’s YouTube channel here – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3vsg94YpOWu-ct2qeW1QA
Thanks to Regular Riot for the gear used to make, record and produce this podcast! www.regular-riot.co.uk
All right and permissions have been obtained to play the local band songs in this podcast! All the background music has been provided by Regular Riot and Negatory Effect, and is original music of Negatory Effect band and is subject to copyright on their behalf. If you have any queries please email email@example.com for more info